Overall length: 57 1/16”
Barrel length: 41 3/4”
The U.S 1816 musket was originally produced in the arsenals at Harper’s Ferry and Springfield between 1816 and 1844, taking the design from the famous 1777 French muskets. It was first produced in large quantities, in the flintlock version and later converted to percussion, to be used during the Civil War. The barrel is made of polished steel and fastened to the stock by two bands. The walnut stock is oil finished and shows the government “J.P.” proof mark.